Today you don't need to hire an audio engineer to record professional sounding voiceovers or podcasts. You can easily record them yourself using only a smartphone and an affordable mic. And in this course you will learn how to do that and a lot more using any iPhone, Android or iPad.
- Voiceover work
- YouTube videos
- TikTok & other social media
- Mobile journalism
- Corporate video
- Record instruments & vocals for music
- Record foley & sound effects for movies
- And more!
Whatever you want to record. And this means with video too (depending on the app and project).
Included in this course:
- 43 lessons / Over 2 hours of content
- Real world examples & demos
- Gear & app suggestions
Covers these topics and more:
- Mobile audio recording apps
- Best kind of microphones (depending on the job)
- How to mount mics to a phone
- Mic placement tips & techniques
- Best record settings
- Best ways to monitor sound (it can be tricky with phones!)
- Using professional XLR mics
- Best & worst places to record sound
- Audio post-production apps
- Gear suggestions and more!
Note too that many of the tips & techniques you'll learn in this course will apply to recording great sound with traditional cameras and/or recorders as well.
Who is this course for?
This is smartphone audio 101 so it's primarily a beginner's course and/or for anyone wanting to learn how to get professional quality sound out of a smartphone (or iPad). Although if you do have audio experience, but not recording sound with a smartphone, then this course could be helpful.
And please note... This course is about audio production, not editing or post-production. While post topics are mentioned, this course is mainly about how to record great sound using mobile devices.
- This being a beginner's course, no audio recording experience is required. However, some general filmmaking knowledge would be ideal, but not mandatory.
You will need a smartphone (or iPad), but it does NOT have to be the latest greatest. Pretty much any mobile device that can record sound will work!
Don't wait to create! Start today and unlock the potential of the amazing "home sound studio" you carry in your pocket. :)
We also offer this course on the online training site Udemy, so if you already have an account with them you can simply login and purchase it there, too.