Learn how to master FiLMiC Pro in this in-depth video training series. This is the camera app regularly used by the BBC. Hollywood director Steven Soderbergh also used it on two of his movies! And the great thing is it's available for anyone and everyone to do the same using iPhone or Android.
In this guide we'll start with the basics of getting to know the app, then learn how to use it to shoot professional quality video with your smartphone.
Included in this course:
- 34 lectures / 3+ hours of content
- Recap quizzes / PDF downloads / Professional video examples
- Additional resources and links for each section
- "I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this course to anyone wanting to know how to use Filmic Pro properly and wanting to better their cinematography." -Rico Y.
- "Extremely clear! The instructor clearly speaks at an excellent pace - not boringly slow or (worse) so fast that he cannot be understood." -George B.
- "Best produced course on FiLMiC Pro I've seen." -Eliot F.
- "Crystal clear! Great job. Thanks a lot for this course." -Antoine G.
- "Finished the course in roughly a weekend and learned at least 15 new things (actually stopped counting) that will help my filmmaking. Would recommend to anyone, of any level!" -Thomas M.
Covers these topics and more:
- Choosing resolution and frame rate
- Manually control white balance, exposure and focus
- Using histograms, zebra stripes, and focus peaking
- Setting up and shooting slow motion
- Using presets to quickly repeat different shooting setups
- Best audio settings
- HDMI and wireless video monitoring
- Timelapse settings
- Best ways to transfer the video files from your phone for editing
- Shooting with the Cinematographer Kit and log footage (plus a bonus color grading tutorial)
- Hands-on gear demos (suggested camera rigs, gimbals and third-party lenses)
- Overall Best Practices for before, during and after your FiLMiC Pro shoot
- Top mobile filmmaking accessories (with direct links to Amazon and/or B&H)
- Also included are any future key feature updates to the V6 app! Including various features and compatibility with the later iPhone models (now the iPhone 13) and info about the FiLMiC Pro DoubleTake app, 10-bit HDR, LogV3, and now ProRes. These are added to the course for FREE!
Who is this course for?
- Indie filmmakers, YouTube creators, mobile journalists, documentary filmmakers, vloggers, educators, small business owners, corporate or real estate video producers, etc.
- Whether you're a beginner just getting into smartphone video and using FiLMiC Pro or are somewhat experienced and looking to take your knowledge to the next level
- Really anyone who wants to create professional video with a smartphone (and even make money using it)
- A general knowledge of film or video terms and concepts is ideal, but not mandatory. We mention various gear, software and techniques that might sound unfamiliar otherwise. But, if you're a novice don't worry as you can learn along the way (that's the idea, right?). :)
- However, this is NOT a filmmaking "how to" course. Here we focus on how to use the FiLMiC Pro app to help you create high quality videos and films. Check out our companion course "Smartphone Cinematography 101" for comprehensive lessons on the craft & techniques of visual storytelling and shooting mobile video (and SAVE 20% on it when you enroll in both courses!). And we now also have a course on color grading with LumaFusion if you're interested in the post-production side.
- A *smartphone (or iPad) with the FiLMiC Pro app (running version 6)
Don't wait to create! Start today and unlock the potential of this amazing mobile filmmaking app.
*Note: An iPhone XS Max and iPhone 8 Plus are used in this guide, however, FiLMiC Pro is cross-platform and so it works on both iOS and Android (and with older devices too - as well as the latest iPhone 12 and Google Pixel, etc.). You can also use an iPad, however, this course focuses on shooting with smartphones but the app functions will be the same.
We also offer this course on the online training site Udemy, so if you already have an account with them you can simply login and purchase it there, too.
The iPhoneographers is a YouTube channel and website empowering mobile & DIY filmmakers. We make tutorials, gear reviews, how-to videos, short films and more. Founded by filmmaker Blake Calhoun and creating content with FiLMiC Pro since 2012.
Start2.1 • Resolution, Frame Rates, Shutter & ISO (15:11)
Start2.1a • High ISO Example (Shooting in Low Light) (5:44)
Start2.1b • Fast Shutter Speed Example (Shooting in Bright Conditions) (5:35)
StartSection 2 - Recap Quiz #1
Start2.2 • Histograms, White Balance & Live Analytics (6:11)
Start2.3 • Auto Mode (Exposure/ Focus) & Audio Settings (7:04)
Start2.4 • Presets, FiLMiC Sync & Content Management (6:44)
StartSection 2 - Recap Quiz #2
Start2.5 • Device Tab Settings & Features (5:34)
Start2.6 • Additional Settings: Stabilization, Hardware & More (5:25)
Preview2.7 • Using the FiLMiC Library (3:29)
Start2.8 • Shooting Timelapse with FiLMiC Pro (2:20)
Start2.8a • Timelapse Example (2 & 10 Second Intervals) (5:47)
StartSection 2 - Recap Quiz #3
StartSection 2 - Additional Resources & Links