LAUNCH SALE PRICE! SAVE 20% for the first two weeks!
Sale ends 10/22/19.
Enter promo code LAUNCH20DISCOUNT at checkout if the discount isn't automatically applied.
Sale price only available for the one-time payment option.
Learn how to turn your smartphone into a professional quality camera and start creating amazing videos & films today.
- Indie Films
- YouTube Videos
- Mobile Journalism
- Travel Films
- Music Videos
- Corporate Videos
- Real Estate Videos
- Social Media
- Promo & Marketing
And a lot more. Whatever you want to make.
"Your training has greatly improved my quality of filming! And greatly shortened my learning curve!" -Michel H.
In this course you'll first learn the fundamentals of cinematography and visual storytelling that applies to using any and all kinds of cameras. Then we explore the technical aspects that make shooting smartphone video different than shooting with traditional cameras. And finally we tie it all together with apps, filmmaking gear and accessories that will help best tell your story.
Included in this course:
- 71 video lectures / 5+ hours of content
- Recap quizzes / PDF downloads / Professional video examples
- Additional resources and links
Covers these topics and more:
- Composition & Framing
- The Rule of Thirds
- Stage Direction
- 3-Point Lighting
- Types of Camera Movement (with real-world examples)
- Aperture, ISO and Shutter (for traditional cameras & smartphones)
- White Balance & Focus
- Lenses (built-in and third-party)
- Video Camera Apps (our favorites)
- Third-Party Gear & Accessories (tripod mounts, gimbals, lighting, ND filters and a lot more)
And please note this course will be updated for FREE whenever there are new app & tech advancements that are necessary to include!
The best thing is once you learn the basic principles of cinematography (composition, framing & lighting) those skills will stay with you forever and can be used regardless of the kind of camera (including smartphones) you shoot with in the future.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of cinematography and smartphone video production (and mobile filmmaking).
- The lessons in this course will apply to any and all kinds of productions, but note that many of the examples presented are from movie & TV style projects.
- A smartphone and a video camera app. Any device, old or new is fine.
- Please note: We use an iPhone and primarily the FiLMiC Pro app, but it does NOT matter what phone or app you use. This course is about cinematography and smartphone video production, not specific products (although some are demonstrated). If you're looking to learn the FiLMiC Pro app then consider our comprehensive training course "The Complete Guide To FiLMiC Pro".
- This is a beginner's course, so no filmmaking experience is required. And...
- This is especially true for the cinematography lessons. However, some of the technical aspects we cover including the camera app functions might feel somewhat advanced for students brand new to mobile filmmaking (but they will learn along the way!). So the course can also be beneficial to intermediate level filmmakers who are wanting to learn more about smartphone video and mobile filmmaking.
Don't wait to create! Start today and unlock the potential of the amazing camera you carry in your pocket.
The iPhoneographers is a YouTube channel and website empowering mobile & DIY filmmakers. We make tutorials, gear reviews, how-to videos, short films and more. Founded by filmmaker Blake Calhoun and creating content with FiLMiC Pro since 2012.
Start3.1 • Composition & Framing Overview (7:20)
Start3.2 • Composition: The Rule of Thirds (7:37)
Start3.3 • Composition: Static & Centered (4:26)
Start3.4 • Composition: Dynamic (1:54)
Start3.5 • Framing: High Angle (3:09)
Start3.6 • Framing: Low Angle (3:18)
Start3.7 • Framing: Side Angle (2:57)
Start3.8 • Framing: Dutch Angle (2:38)
Start3.9 • Framing: Over The Shoulder (OTS) (1:55)
Start3.10 • Framing: Lenses & Shot Size (8:05)
Preview3.11 • Vertical Video (4:18)
Start3.12 • Stage Direction (6:24)
StartPRO TIPS: Composition & Framing (1:57)
StartSection 3 - Recap Quiz
StartSection 3 - Additional Resources